Availability, Pricing and Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings can be made through the Supercontrol booking system, where you can also check availability. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or contact Jane on +44 (0)1463 831203 or +44 (0)7908 565484, who will be happy to assist
- A deposit of 20% of the full rental is payable when booking. The balance is due no later than 6 weeks before the commencement date of the holiday. If the booking is made within 6 weeks from the commencement date of the holiday, then the full amount will be due on booking
- In the event you need to cancel your booking, please notify us immediately by phone or email. In such cases, the deposit will be forfeited. If the cancellation is made less than 6 weeks prior to commencement of the rental period, the total rental fee will be forfeited. We therefore recommend that you secure holiday cancellation insurance to cover the cost of your holiday
- Similarly, if you are not able to travel to Pinewood due to rail and plane disruptions or bad weather etc, we cannot be held responsible for non-arrival and no refunds will be given
- In the unlikely event that the Steading becomes unavailable due to reasons beyond our control, all monies will be returned in full. In this event, we will not be liable for any loss, expense, inconvenience or further cost
- For each booking we ask for £100 security deposit. We will return this by PayPal or bank transfer as soon as possible following your departure (less any costs for breakages, damage and so on, if it applies). This is not included in the holiday prices shown on our website. The security deposit is due when the full balance is due
- Weekly bookings are Friday to Friday. Weekend short bookings are 3 nights from Friday to Monday; and mid week short breaks are Monday to Friday for 4 nights. We will do our best to accommodate arrival/departure days other than these where possible (please contact us in advance before booking)
- Entry is at 4pm on the day of arrival and guests are asked to leave by 10am on the day of their departure to allow enough time for turn around for the next guests. If you need any other check in or check out times, please call to arrange
- Price includes Wifi, electricity, heating, bed linen, towels, a welcome pack and starter pack of wood, kindling and firelighters
- We are pleased to have achieved the Silver Award from Green Tourism for our sustainable and eco-friendly activities and encourage guests to participate too – for example, by recycling as much waste as possible through the facilities we have provided
- Please call first if you would like to consider bringing a dog(s). Pinewood Steading is often surrounded by sheep and cattle and the garden is frequented by pheasants and other wildlife. We also prefer dogs not to be left alone if you leave the Steading, but if they do, please bring a crate with you so they can be left securely. Please be mindful of your dog being left in a strange place and any damage will need to be paid for
- Smoking is not permitted inside the Steading
- The number of persons occupying the cottage must not exceed that stipulated on the website
- We please ask that Pinewood is left clean and tidy on departure and any damages to be reported before you leave. If you book for longer than one week, we will provide guests with clean linen and towels
- We cannot accept liability for any injury, accident, damage or loss, whether to person or property including cars
- We will add the email address for guests to our mailing list. We will not pass this list to anyone else or any other third party. You can opt out of receiving our email list communications at any time
- We make every effort to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. If, however, you have cause for complaint, we are anxious that action is taken as quickly as possible. Please therefore advise us of any complaints during your stay so they can be investigated immediately. In no circumstances can compensation be made for any complaints that are made after the booking has ended or where you have not allowed us to try to put matters right during the stay
- Agreement to these booking conditions is assumed when you make full payment for your booking
This statement explains how we hold, share and process the information you share with us when making an enquiry or booking a stay at Pinewood Steading.
Who are we – Pinewood Steading is owned and managed by Jane Slaughter and is a holiday rental cottage business. Any questions relating to this statement, or a request for your personal information should be addressed to the data protection officer and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to Pinewood Lodge, South Clunes, Kirkhill, Inverness IV5 7PT, or telephone 07908 565484. Jane Slaughter is the data controller and processor.
Why we need your data – We need to know your personal data to provide you with a quote for a holiday or to process and manage your booking and stay and notify you of any changes to our services prior to your stay. We do not collect any personal data from you we do not need to provide you with this service.
What types of data do we collect
Quote – Name, email address and telephone number
Booking – Amount and names of all guest members, ages, address of lead booker, email, telephone number, payment arrangements, special requirements, such as those relating to disabilities or medical conditions which may affect any guest’s holiday arrangements at our property
Who do we share your information with? – Your information is not shared with any other parties.
How do we treat your information? – All details that you give to Jane Slaughter through Pinewood Steading at any time will be kept for the period of your booking and holiday. We are required under UK tax law to keep basic information on the lead booker, such as your name, address and contact details for a maximum of 6 years after which it will be destroyed. We hold your information securely and do not share this information with any third parties.
How do I find out more about information rights?
Please contact Jane Slaughter at the contact email, address or telephone number provided in this statement. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your data, not in accordance with the law, then if you wish, you can make a complaint through ‘The Information Commissioners’ website, it also contains further useful information and advice. www.ico.org.uk.